[Podcast] An Interview with Medisolv CEO Dr. Zahid Butt
This week we release the second episode of our Quality Matters podcast, a show for healthcare professionals working to improve the quality of care in the healthcare setting.
Does anyone else out there have trouble getting time on their CEO’s schedule? Well try telling your CEO that you want to record a podcast with THEM as the featured speaker. That appointment you made on their calendar will get pushed back every passing hour. Well I finally convinced him to be interviewed for today’s podcast. It’s amazing what you can accomplish just by putting brownies in the conference room.
Today Dr. Butt gives us a bit of insight into why he started Medisolv. We also discuss how quality reporting in the healthcare setting has changed over the past two decades. And we wrap up with thoughts about the future of quality reporting especially as it relates to physicians.
Who we talked to:
Dr. Zahid Butt is a board-certified gastroenterologist and the former director of clinical informatics at St. Agnes Healthcare. He has worked in the healthcare field for over 25 years and is a current member of the HIMSS Quality and Patient Safety Committee. He previously chaired the HIMSS Performance Measurement Taskforce for three years and is the co-chair of the National Quality Forum (NQF) / ONC sponsored Value Set Harmonization Committee. He is a nationally-recognized expert in quality measurement and has served on several CMS Technical Expert Panels to develop and maintain quality measures for future quality reporting programs. In recognition for his expertise in eCQMs Dr. Butt was recently appointed to The Joint Commission’s Pioneers in Quality Committee.
What we cover:
- Dr. Zahid’s Butt’s career history
- The history of electronic quality reporting and how it has changed in the last 20 years.
- His opinion on the new requirements for hospitals and physicians
- The future of mandatory regulations
- The Quality Payment Program created by the MACRA legislation
- Tips for clinicians who are struggling to understand the MIPS program
Overcoming Challenges with eCQMs
July 27, 2017
1 P.M. ET | 12 NOON CT | 10 A.M. PT
How easy was it for your hospital to submit the required four eCQMs to the CMS Inpatient Quality Reporting program this year? Well if you are like most hospitals, it might not have been a walk in the park. More like a juggling act performed while hiking up Mount Everest … in a raging snow storm.
In this can’t miss webinar, Medisolv will share a yearly eCQM strategy that takes you from initial implementation all the way through submission to CMS. We will point out common pitfalls that many hospitals struggled with and how to overcome those problems in advance.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Understanding and keeping up with the regulatory requirements and specifications;
- Required eCQM data element mapping updates for the correct specification version;
- Assessing and choosing the measures for submission to the IQR program;
- Implementing changes to Clinical Workflows;
- And creating hospital-wide adoption of Quality initiatives.