[Podcast] Are Clinicians Prepared for MACRA?
In a recent Black Book Research Survey, over 8,000 physicians reported their top 10 concerns about MACRA in 2017. Not surprisingly, compliance, EHR optimization and reimbursement potential top the list.
In our fourth episode of our Quality Matters podcast, we speak with Denise Scott, Director of Ambulatory Services at Medisolv who helps us to break down this survey and figure out what it means for the 2017 MIPS reporting. Denise offers some tips to help prepare for a successful first year of MACRA.
Who we talked to:
Denise Scott is the Director of Ambulatory Services at Medisolv. Denise has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare and over 15 years in healthcare technology. Prior to joining Medisolv, Denise was a director of quality, informatics and Clinical integration for two large medical groups, and served as the Manager of HIT Services at Mass Pro. She is a subject matter expert in workflow redesign and meaningful use, and is board certified in nursing informatics. Denise is also a certified MACRA/MIPS Healthcare Professional.
What we cover:
- The top challenges facing clinicians reporting to MIPS in 2017
- The three reporting options that CMS has given clinicians this year
- How the budget neutral program works and what kind of Medicare reimbursement you can expect
- Tips to prepare for 2017 MIPS reporting
Tips for MIPS: A Guide to the New Quality payment Program
JUNE 15, 2017
1 p.m. ET . | 12 Noon CT | 10 a.m. PT
Are your clinicians ready to meet their MIPS reporting requirements? In this free educational webinar, our certified MACRA/MIPS Healthcare Professional will help you understand the MIPS program structure and requirements.
You’ll learn the basics of the Quality Payment Program and the specifics of what’s required for successful completion of MIPS. We will outline strategies that will help you prepare your clinicians for their best reporting year yet.
- Review the QPP Program tracks of APM and MIPS
- Understand who is eligible for the MIPS program
- Define the 2017 Reporting requirements for MIPS Quality, ACI and IA categories
- Describe the score calculation for each category
- Provide tips and resources for preparing your clinicians for a successful quality reporting year