Medisolv CEO Appointed to The Joint Commission’s Pioneers in Quality Advisory Panel
Columbia, MD, May 10, 2016– Dr. Zahid Butt, Medisolv CEO, has been appointed as an Advisory Panel Member to The Joint Commission’s new Pioneers in Quality program. This multi-stakeholder committee was established to advise The Joint Commission as to the successes and challenges hospitals are experiencing as they progress in their use of eCQMs. Specifically, the panel’s guidance will be used by The Joint Commission to better support accredited hospitals in this time of performance measurement transition.
“I am honored to be a part of such an esteemed group,” said Dr. Butt. “Health systems need support and assistance as eCQMs are aligned with other measures in existing quality reporting programs. I look forward to active participation in the panel’s important work.”
Pioneers in Quality was launched in 2016 and is intended to provide support for accredited hospitals attempting to meet the requirements for electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs). The program will support all accredited hospitals and work on aligning The Joint Commissions’ reporting requirements with changes to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program.
“The combined expertise of this outstanding group will better inform our efforts and benefit hospitals who need real world solutions,” said David W. Baker, MD, MPH, FACP, executive vice president, Division of Health Care Quality Evaluation, The Joint Commission. “We are steadfastly focused on developing viable solutions to the measurement-related issues that hospitals are facing.”
More information is available at the Pioneers in Quality portal.
Advisory panel members are:
- David W. Baker, MD, MPH, FACP, executive vice president, Healthcare Quality Evaluation, The Joint Commission
- Jennifer Besch, director, Population Health, Cerner Corporation
- Zahid Butt, MD, FACG, CEO, Medisolv, Inc.
- Jayne Hart Chambers, MBA, senior vice president Quality, Federation of American Hospitals
- Paul Conlon, PharmD, JD, senior vice president, Chief Quality and Patient Safety, Trinity Health
- Nancy Foster, vice president for Quality and Patient-Safety Policy, American Hospital Association
- Thomas French, MStat, system director of Clinical Analytics, Division of Clinical Effectiveness and Quality, Providence Health & Services
- Steve Horner, RN, BSN, MBA, vice president, Clinical Analytics, HCA, Inc.
- Deborah Krauss, MS, BSN, RN, nurse consultant , Division of Electronic and Clinician Quality, Center for Clinical Standards and Quality, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Kevin Larsen, MD, FACP, medical director, Meaningful Use, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology; CMS Lean Implementation, Office of the Administrator/Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Lynn Lenker, BSN, MS, RN-BC, ONC, NE-BC, system chief nursing information officer, SSM Healthcare; Nurse Champion-Project Beacon
- Helen Lindsay Macfie, Pharm D, FABC, chief transformation officer, Certified Lean Leader, MemorialCare Health System
- John S. Pirolo, MD, senior vice president and chief medical information officer, Ascension
- Cindy Tourison, MSHI, acting director, Division of Quality Measurement, Quality Measurement and Value-Based Incentives Group, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
About Medisolv, Inc.
Medisolv, Inc. is a national leader in Quality Management and Reporting solutions covering electronic, abstracted and claims based quality measures. Medisolv’s ENCOR is an integrated suite of software modules designed to meet the challenges of alignment between electronic quality measures and manual abstraction in CMS and Joint Commission quality reporting programs. These include CMS hospital inpatient (IQR), hospital outpatient (OQR) and physician quality reporting (PQRS). All Joint Commission quality reporting options, including Option 2 (eCQM only), are fully supported. ENCOR is ONC certified (2014 edition) for all 29 hospital, and 64 provider eCQMs used for Stage 2 Meaningful Use quality reporting. Medisolv Quality Management and Reporting solutions have received the exclusive endorsement of the American Hospital Association (AHA). For more information about Medisolv, visit www.medisolv.com.
About The Joint Commission
Founded in 1951, The Joint Commission seeks to continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value. The Joint Commission accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. An independent, nonprofit organization, The Joint Commission is the nation’s oldest and largest standards-setting and accrediting body in health care. Learn more about The Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Michelle Boucher at 443-539-0505 ext. 234 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #