The Top 5 Things you Need to Know to meet the 2016 CMS Ruling: Mandatory electronic quality reporting.
“CMS is finalizing modifications of its proposals and will require hospitals to submit four of 28 available eCQMs of their choice beginning in CY 2016 for the FY 2018 payment determination. Additionally, hospitals will be required to submit one quarter (either Q3 or Q4) of electronic data in CY 2016 by February 28, 2017.” — Fiscal Year 2016 Final Inpatient and Long-term Care Hospital policy and payment changes (CMS-1632-F)
CMS’ 2016 final rule came out last summer and those two little sentences have big implications! Here are 5 things you need to know to successfully comply with CMS’ new ruling for mandatory electronic quality reporting:
- Reporting 4 of 28 eCQMs is part of the Inpatient Quality Reporting program. However, it will also count for MU submission.
- Report on measures that are certified through either a 2014 or 2015 CEHRT or certified quality reporting software technology, such as ENCOR from Medisolv.
- Compare your abstracted measure results with your electronic ones, and having technology that allows side-by-side measure comparisons will simplify this complicated process.
- Choose one reporting period for 2016: Q3 (July 1 – Sept. 30) or Q4 (Oct. 1 – Dec. 31). The reporting submission deadline is February 28th, 2017.
- Don’t wait! It takes time to select, implement and train on how to report eCQMs with QRDA-1 files. Vendors get backed up quickly, and waiting may put you at risk of non-compliance.
As of now, there is still plenty of time to initiate measures to ensure your hospital can meet this mandatory reporting requirement, and performing a submission test early on is key.
Think you’re ready? Take this quiz and find out!
Contact Medisolv about quality reporting solutions today.